Summary of changes
- New initctl commands: set-env, unset-env, get-env, list-env, reset-env, list-sessions (all except last with corresponding D-Bus methods).
- New D-Bus-only signals EventEmitted, Restarted, and EndSession method.
- Ability to run with PID >1 to allow Upstart to manage a user session.
Running Upstart as a 'Session Init' in this way provides features
above and beyond those provided by the original User Jobs such that
the User Job facility has been removed entirely: to migrate from
a system using User Jobs, simply ensure the user session is started with
- New upstart-event-bridge bridge which proxies system-level events down to Session Inits, allowing users jobs to react to udev events.
- Ability to read job configuration and override files from multiple freedesktop-compliant locations (Session Init only).
- Ability to shutdown both via a system shutdown request and via a user logout request (Session Init only).
- Additionally, there are a few bug fixes and 94 new tests.
Thanks to all the contributors, reviewers, testers and users!
Get it here https://launchpad.net/upstart